Executive Director of the United Fund of Warren County
The United Fund of Warren County is seeking a dynamic, energetic and creative individual to direct its fundraising and administrative operations. Candidates must be proven leaders in fundraising and development and possess strong leadership skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills (including public speaking) are a must, as are a financial background to monitor and control the budget and an ability to work with a diverse group of community members, volunteers and governmental leaders. The Executive Director works under the direction of a Governing Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is the spokesperson for the United Fund. The Director maintains a positive community image and ensures that the United Fund’s mission is well-known and viewed as central to the community. The Director must be a confident, articulate and persuasive advocate who increases awareness of the United Fund with private and public human service organizations, the media, and key community representatives.
The Director will:
1. develop strategies to grow the United Fund
2. motivate others to translate ideas into actions and results
3. engage community groups and facilitate interactions
4. effectively communicate the United Fund’s work, purpose and direction
5. understand marketing and communications
6. work effectively with volunteers at all levels
7. demonstrate the ability to handle confidential information
8. have proficiency with basic office systems and computer skills
9. demonstrate the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
10. be comfortable with the use of social media as a fundraising tool
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business, management, social work or a related field, or equivalent practical experience. The candidate must have a proven record of success and of achieving results in previous employment and be able to be bonded.
Applications are due by noon on Friday, March 23, 2018 and may be mailed to The United Fund, P. O. Box 844, Warren, Pa., 16365 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application consists of a cover letter detailing the applicant’s experience as it relates to the skills outlined above and a comprehensive resume of past employment and education.